Twitter comes in right next to Instagram in regards to it's ease of picking up followers. It's actually pretty easy to get a huge following on Twitter with the right posts and tags. However, the amount of followers you have doesn't stack up to the amount of engagement you have. You can have a 100,000 followers and only have 5 engagements and that would be a lackluster page. So although it's great to build a large following, you also want to ensure your Twitter account actually brings in a steady stream of business.
TWITTER BANNER SIZE: 1500 px BY 500 px
1. Be sure to use a high quality graphic for your Twitter cover photo. You want a size of at least 1500 px by 500 px. Save the file as a PNG so it looks a little more sharp.
2. You want your cover photo to have a graphic that connects with your city or your niche. With a headline and call to action. Center the text, so nothing important isn't cropped out on different devices.
3. Make sure the profile photo is a clear, high quality image of you or your team. You want to avoid using your logo for the profile photo, because you want to build a relationship focused brand.
4. Make your page title and tag (@) the same, and make sure it's the name you use across all of your brand platforms. Twitter does have a character limit, so if you do have a long name (I'd recommend shortening it) but if it's already established, you'll need to find out a creative way to shorten it so it still is recognized your for your business.
5. Fill out your bio, using hashtags for your niche or city. Keep it short and simple, and make it clear your profession is in real estate.
6. Add your city to your profile, so followers know exactly what city you service.
7. Add a landing page to your website section that has a call to action for buyers or sellers. This will be more effective than just sending them to the front page of your website.
8. Twitter allows you to choose the color theme for your page. Make sure it blends well with the colors of your brand.
1. USE IMAGES IN YOUR TWEETS TO CAPTURE MORE ATTENTION
2. USE RELEVANT HASHTAGS FOR YOUR CITY. LIKE SPORTS TEAMS, CITIES, NICHES, ETC. AVOID TOO MUCH USE OF #REALTOR #REALESTATE - YOU'LL END UP BEING VIEWED MOSTLY BY OTHER AGENTS.
3. SHARE CONTENT FROM BIG NAME BRANDS THAT GIVE VALUE TO YOUR AUDIENCE, WITHOUT BEING COMPETITION.
4. RE-TWEET INTERESTING CONTENT FROM PEOPLE THAT LIVE LOCALLY. YOU CAN SHARE THEIR VALUE ON YOUR PAGE, AND MAY GET A VIEW AND INTEREST OF YOUR PAGE FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTER.
5. AVOID USING MORE THAN 2-3 HASHTAGS. OVERUSE OF HASHTAGS CAN MAKE YOUR POST LOOK SPAMMY.